Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

365 / Day 87 ~ Another Busy Saturday

Today was extremely busy. First stop was Abby's dance class in the morning, while she was in class we made a quick shopping spree trip with Madison. After dance finished up we stopped in for awhile at the blood donor clinic in honor of Libby John's. You can read more about her story here. I managed to talk Matt into donating for the first time too, her story touched him so much. My children and I had the pleasure of meeting Libby and her mom at a park right before she was diagnosed,which makes it so much more real and so heartbreaking. What her parents are doing to honor their child is remarkable. Out of something negative they are doing something so positive that will help save so many lives.

The last time I donated was almost 10 years ago and was told to wait a few years and pounds more should I try again as I passed out midway through donating and didn't have enough for them to use. It is not that I fear the needle and the act of the process, I have always been very petite and probably didn't have enough to eat before hand. Well...OK, I have to admit the needle does make me nervous. I did manage to give enough of my blood to make it worth while but had to put a stop before they did as the room was spinning. I had to rest for longer then everyone who donated near me and was so embarrassed. The girls really enjoyed their time at the clinic. They had lots of fun things for them to do from colouring, balloon animals and face painting. After I donated I got to see what Abby decided to be. See photo below. I don't know where she learned about vampires but she has been talking about them the past couple of weeks and chose to be one...how suiting for a blood donor clinic. We stopped in at home for naps...the morning must have been busy, Abby never naps. Once the girls awoke we headed off to my friends sons 2nd birthday party. The girls had a blast! My busy day was followed by catching up on some photo editing and emails once my girls fell asleep.

365/ Day 87 ~ Zonked

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Amber of AmberBlackCreativePhotography