Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

365 / Day 5 ~ "A time to say goodbye"

Saturday, July 24, 2010

North Bay, the place my dreams sometimes take me of distant memories in my childhood. Fun times, idyllic and happy. Family. Love. A place where a child can run barefoot, catch butterflies and frogs, pick wild berries, explore, learn to fish and swim. A place where we would often stay for summers and enjoy the endless days with our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It hasn't changed much over the years. The grass and trees are a little taller, the cottage more worn and tired, but overall, the feeling hasn't changed...I have.

The North of My Dreams


This weekend we congregated with our family for a reunion of sorts and to say a final goodbye to my mom. To put her ashes at rest with my grandparents and uncle. It overshadowed my Ottawa trip unfortunately but worked out to be the best weekend for most everyone that was able to join us. My girls really enjoyed being with family and feeling like part of something bigger.

I feel kind of like a photo geek for bringing along my fancy camera but grateful all the same to be able to come home with some beautiful shots of a place I have many childhood memories of. We managed to get there at around 5:30pm on Friday night to be greeted with the best happy smiles and squeals of delight from Madison when she saw us. Both girls were so well behaved while we were away, unless our family are keeping secrets from us ;). I am so glad they had some bonding time with both their Grandma and Grandpa Black and my aunt and uncle for the car ride up there. I took so many photos of the old barn we used to explore and of the lake, the girls and our family. I managed to get a mini TTD session of my niece in her formal dress. She is a beauty! I was having a tough time deciding which of all the photos to share for my 365. I will be doing a separate post this week of my niece on my photo blog though. I am trying to get samples of teens and she fits the category. A little diversity for my website ;).

IMG_4076eblog


IMG_4072eblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Amber of AmberBlackCreativePhotography