Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seasonal Cheer!

A Classic Christmas


I started reading Abby stories from this book over the past few days. There are little pictures in it so it can be a struggle to convince her but after she hears me read a few lines she gets into it. I couldn't resist getting some holiday bokeh in the background last night. So pretty. I love decorating so much for the holidays. This will be the third year that we have decorated way earlier then we are used to. I love it but have to say, I think we are going to enforce a new rule here that the tree and decorations come out after December 1st. Our little ones get so wound up with excitement and Abby has been asking every other day if tonight Santa will come. I find myself giving the idle Santa won't come threats if she doesn't do as she is told or misbehaves...I never thought the words would come out of my mouth but they do. It rarely works. We shared Santa's PNP message with her already and I can already see the wheels turning in her sharp little mind as though she doesn't completely believe in it. How do you keep the magic alive with your kids? If you don't have any, what were some things you remembered that made this season so magical?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Amber of AmberBlackCreativePhotography